Marriage is THE perfect union God created, He wants it to flourish and wants both the wife and husband to excel and reach new heights, while growing in love and understanding of each other. We should always pray for our marriage and not wait till something arises or we hear bad news from outside. Marriage at times gets pressure from outside. We mustn’t measure ours with others or let the material possessions cloud our judgement. At times all the materials are there but unity, honour and respect have left or sometimes needs rekindling. It is great to have possessions, because it also shows fruitfulness. Remember we didn’t get married because of the ‘plus’,whether that is for children, more money, less working, more pampering etc. BUT because of LOVE, so let’s take time to rekindle love and strengthen our unity.
Below are supporting verses from the bible with prayer points, you can also replace ‘husband’ with your husbands name. Wherever you are in your marriage, pray with the Holy Spirit today. I believe you will see changes taking place straight away and they will be solid foundations that you will both grow in. All in Jesus’s name. Feel free to share them with a friend.
- Father I pray, that you will strengthen my marriage. Help me and my husband to respect and honour each other all the days of our lives.In Jesus name.Amen
- May our marriage reverence you Father . May we both reverence you Jesus in our words, actions, work, finance..(name).In Jesus name.Amen
Ephesians 5:21: “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
- Father I pray for your wisdom upon us. May we grow in kindness, forgiveness and be tenderhearted to each other.In Jesus name.Amen
- I pray that we will forgive and not hold onto any offences of any kind.In Jesus name.Amen
- DECLARE: Me and my Husband walk in forgiveness and in the grace of God.
Ephesians 4:32: “Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.”
- Father create in us a humble heart, remove pride . Help us to walk in gentleness and patience with each other. In Jesus name. Amen
- DECLARE: We will bear in love all the days of life.
- DECLARE: We shall dwell in peace and unity with Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 4:2-3: “With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
- Father, because we are two so let our return be good. Let our work labor bring good returns.In Jesus name. Amen
- Father give us strength to pick each other up when one is down. In Jesus name. Amen
- DECLARE: We will keep each other warm, none of us will be cold.
- DECLARE: We shall continue to complete each other
- DECLARE: Our labor in marriage will bring great fruits
Ecclesiastes 4:9: “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?”
- Father, cloth us with your love.In Jesus name Amen
- DECLARE: My husband and I put on the love of God.
- Father I pray that you root me and my husband in your unconditional love.In Jesus name.Amen
- DECLARE: We are rooted in Gods unconditional love.
Colossians 3:14: “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
My Marriage is complete in JESUS, every distraction set against us is destroyed in Jesus name. Amen